What would you do if you were told you had only two years left to live?
This is the question that was posed to Robin Barrett by her sister whose life and dreams were snuffed out by pancreatic cancer at the young age of 42.
In her inspiring TEDx Talk , Robin shares her poignant story and how it radically transformed her life.
It’s so important to honor your longing and discontent, to take action and fulfill the desires of your heart – no matter how unusual they may seem! Grab a box of tissues and be prepared to be inspired.!
Robin took radical action. She left her corporate job and took up the life of a “digital nomad.” (I consider her one my mentors for my van life adventures)
What Is A Digital Nomad?
You may not have heard of “digital nomads” until now, but 4.8 million people describe themselves as “Digital Nomads!” They don’t have a regular house and they make their living online.
Furthermore, 1 million people in the US live full time in their RVs according to the RV Industry Association.
If you are curious to learn more about it, you can read Robin’s books and watch some of her videos on her YouTube channel:
- BE A NOMAD CHANGE YOUR LIFE: The ULTIMATE GUIDE to Living Full-Time in a Van or RV
- WORK FROM HOME WHILE YOU ROAM: The Ultimate Guide to Jobs That Can Be Done From Anywhere
- Creativity RV YouTube Channel.
In any case, as Robin says:
“It is possible to pursue your dreams — whatever that means to you.
“If you had just two years left, what would you do with it?”
What’s the thing that’s going to make you happy? Challenge yourself.
Know that the life you have, doesn’t need to be the only life you have.
There’s a whole world waiting for you out there.”
Share In The Comments
I would love to know if this has made a difference for you and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Share in the comments below.
Here’s to a long life filled with fun and adventure!
Much love to you,
Your Next Steps
Here are the steps for taking your life to the next level.
1. Get the book and use the scorecard inside
The framework of everything we talk about on the Dream Big and Bloom Podcast is based on the 10 DreamBuilder Mindsets. Find out how yours are either growing or slowing your results. Go to dreambigandbloom.com/guidebook
2. Be a guest on the Podcast
This is a great way to get a feel for the coaching process. Helping you to get unstuck and to come up with solutions is one of my favorite things to do. To be a guest just visit DreamBigandBloom.com/guest
3. Join the Dream Builder Program
Imagine having me as your personal coach to believe in your vision, even when you have doubts, and to be your guide. And imagine being a member of an exclusive group of enthusiastic, like-minded people who understand the DreamBuilder process and cheer each other on.
Let’s get together for a complementary Strategy Call. You’ll get clarity on exactly where you are now, where you would love to be, how the DreamBuilder Program works and the results you can expect. Go to dreambigandbloom.com/get-started and book a complementary strategy session.
- The Power within you is far more powerful than any circumstance or condition you are facing.
- Your past does not determine your future. Your ‘story’ does not define you or your Infinite potential.
- The dream in your heart is Life seeking to be expressed and realized in the world through you.
- You are here to fulfill your heart’s desire and live a life you “absolutely LOVE living!”
- The dream in your heart really can become the life you absolutely LOVE!